4.17.2013

.....Nerd Alert......


 
I can remember when I was in fourth grade, my teacher at the time said that "being weird" was a good thing. She made me feel like it was okay to be me....because, well...I was weird. Weird-good that is, haha. It is amazing how when we have positive influences from an early age, it can really affect you. My parents were also very positive about letting me be who I was....and supporting me in all I did.
 
Since then, I've never been afraid to be me.  I think that as a mother it is important to let your child embrace who they are. As far as I can tell, my two sons have very different personalities.....and I want them to know that they are free to be themselves. In fact, I want them to know that being unique is a GREAT thing.
 
As I have gotten older, I have stood even firmer on who I am and have gotten more comfortable in my own skin. Who wants to be normal? That's boring.
 God made you YOU for a reason.
Don't be afraid to be who you are.....Channel your inner nerd today=-)
Shirt: H&M, Jeans: H&M, Vest: Forever 21, Boots: Kohls
 
 

No comments: