6.04.2013

Getting Your Body Back, the second time around....


 

 After having two babies, 21 months apart....this is a much anticipated post. A post that I have thought about many times....one that I kept telling myself I would write, when I "finally got there".
 However,  I can remember even before I was pregnant....my fitness goals were always "to get there". What I have come to realize is, my fitness goals aren't to just get to some weight or goal, but to constantly improve and feel good about who I am.
 It is a journey, not a destination.
I have learned that my body will change...and has changed with pregnancy. Through it all I have learned to embrace my ever-changing body. I am not perfect, but I do know that I enjoy staying fit...and here are my two favorite ways that I have gotten back into shape, 10 months post baby number two:
 
 
1. RUNNING
 
I absolutely love running.
 Don't get me wrong, there are many times where I may not feel like running....but once I start, the endorphins kick in and I start to feel awesome!
Running is what got me in shape before I had kids, got me in shape after my first child, what I did for workouts my entire second pregnancy and what has helped get me back in shape after my second pregnancy.
There are tons of benefits from running; ranging from weight loss.... to just a happier and healthier you!
 
 
2. YOGA

I think Yoga has got to be my new found love.
A lot of people have this misconception ( I used to be one of these people) that yoga is not a real workout. I used to think it was just stretching....but it goes beyond that. I love yoga for the fact that it is a mind/body practice. It strengthens your body, calms your mind, detoxifies....and quite literally kicks my butt! I have found myself completely addicted and craving the practice on the regular.


No matter where you are in life:
Pregnant, mommy of many or not a mom at all....just know that you can get fit!
 Find something you enjoy and go with it=-)
 xoxo,
alicia

2 comments:

Sarah Beth said...

Ummm seriously, you have had two kids?!?! You are one hott mama ;). You are so right about loving yourself while you work towards your goals, I need to remind myself of that.

I keep trying to love yoga, but it is so dang hard and it is so slow. I have a difficult time appreciating it. I like to be moving around a lot when I work out; I am more of a Pilate’s girl. But your flexibility amazes me!

Love your blog and can't wait to read more. More fitness posts please!!

xoxo Sarah Beth
Caring Cowls

Unknown said...

Sarah! You are so sweet, thank you!

I wasn't always into Yoga...there were times it just didn't feel like a "real" workout. I do a hot vinyasa yoga....and it kicks my butt. It isn't slow, and totally can get your heart beating and muscles working!

More fitness posts to come! Thanks for checking out my blog!

Xoxoxo
Alicia